This time of social isolation is taking a toll on everyone. If you are contemplating counseling I offer virtual therapy to help you cope with the intense and confusing feelings you may be experiencing during this time.
This includes online EMDR therapy for trauma recovery.
Please contact me to learn more about how I can help.
You’ve realized that you want things to change. What next?
“We are always in a perpetual state of being created and creating ourselves”
– Dan Siegel
Together in counseling, we’ll explore why and how your life has evolved as it has. We will examine the influences, patterns, beliefs and systemic or cultural influences present in your life. We will work together to help you access your untapped power in order to find and create stability and empowerment. In a safe and compassionate way, I help you access your inner values and integrity to help you shape an identity that is secure and resilient.
Do you suffer from Relationship Trauma?
Many people think that trauma is limited to a single catastrophic life event or circumstance. But trauma can also occur gradually, over time, as the result of chronic destabilizing conditions or relationships.
Emotional and verbal abuse is all too common in today’s world. Even if it feels normal, it is very toxic and harming your health. Seeking counseling help is critical for stability and recovery.
If you are experiencing any of these, you may be struggling with trauma:
- A sense of shock or numbness
- Feeling overwhelmed, anxious
- Sense of being disconnected from others, loneliness
- Recurring anxiety or panic attacks
- Heightened or persistent sense of fear
- Intrusive thoughts
- Patterns of negative thinking
- Insomnia, nightmares
- Feeling easily agitated or startled
- Suspicions of others motives and difficulty trusting others
- Withdrawal from relationships or social settings
- Feeling misunderstood or not believed
- Overwhelming shame or guilt
- Walking on eggshells in your relationships
Are you or have you ever been bullied?
We live in a very stressful and chaotic time and many of us didn’t get the tools we needed to manage so much stress. In fact, many of us grew up in families where bullying and shaming was considered normal. Bullying and abuse is not normal and we can recover, find our strength and thrive.
If any of these feel true for you, counseling can help you
- Your child or teen is being bullied
- You are the family scapegoat or “black sheep”
- You find yourself in repeated relationships with toxic or abusive people
- You are currently being mistreated or bullied in your job
- You are going through a divorce from an emotionally abusive person
- You feel you have to manage your relationships to always please others
- You don’t know what you want or need or how to discover it
- You feel powerless in your life
- You want to have healthier relationships
- You know you need help but don’t know where to start
Together, we’ll explore your relationships and your world from the inside out. We’ll rediscover or add new skills and tools to bring about the changes you want to experience.
Most importantly, you’ll have an ally in your life committed to this journey with you.
Pam Raphael, LMHC